Recipe: Perfect Vegan Whole-wheat Pancakes
Categories : Keto
Vegan Whole-wheat Pancakes.
You can have Vegan Whole-wheat Pancakes using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Whole-wheat Pancakes
- You need 1 Tbsp of ground flax seeds.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of chia seeds (or use total of 1.5 tbs flax seeds).
- It’s 4 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of plant milk (soy / almond).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sugar (if using unsweetened milk, use 3 tbs sugar).
- You need 1 Tbsp of vegan butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour (you may need another 1-2 tbs).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of oil (optional).
Vegan Whole-wheat Pancakes step by step
- Prepare "egg" – in a small bowl, combine flax, chia (if using) and water. Leave to thicken and gel..
- In a 4-cup measuring cup or medium bowl, gently whisk milk, vanilla, sugar and butter..
- Measure 1 cup of flour and mix in the baking powder and baking soda..
- Add flour mixture to bowl and mix lightly, until combined..
- Add "egg" and once again mix lightly. Batter should resemble a thick pancake batter. If too runny, add 1-2 tbs flour..
- If using, fold in chocolate chips..
- Heat skillet / non-stick frying pan on medium heat. If necessary, lightly oil pan: pour a few drops of oil in center and use a paper towel to coat the pan..
- Drop about 2 tbs of batter at a time onto skillet. The pancakes should immediately hold their shape..
- Flip pancakes after about 3 minutes, when bottoms are golden brown. (They don't always bubble.).
- Fry for another 1-2 mins and remove to serving platter..