Swedish meat balls.
You can cook Swedish meat balls using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swedish meat balls
- Prepare of Meatball ingredients.
- You need 1/2 of kilo ground beef.
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of 7 spices powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Sauce ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour 2 cups beef /chicken broth (natural or 3 maagi cubes in 2 cups of boiled water).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cooking cream.
- It’s 1 cup of whole Milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce (see below recipe if not available).
Swedish meat balls instructions
- U’ll mix all meatball ingredients together and make it medium to small sized balls, put in the air fryer or on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and turn on all sides till fully cooked (5-7 mins on each side).
- The sauce: Same pan, medium-low heat. Melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk, cream, worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and all powders and mustard. Continue to stir until well-combined. Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning occasionally to coat well..
- Serve hot with white rice.
- Incase Worcestershire sauce isn’t available, you could do it as below and store the rest for later use :).
- 1/2 cup apple vinegar 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium preferably) 2 tbsp water 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (or 1/8 dijon mustard) 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder 1/8 tsp black pepper Put all above ingredients in a pan and stir well till boiling with continuous stirring. Take off the heat as soon it boils and set aside to cool completely before using.