Recipe: Yummy Hotteok-Korean Sweet Pancakes with an Indian twist
Categories : Keto
Hotteok-Korean Sweet Pancakes with an Indian twist.
You can cook Hotteok-Korean Sweet Pancakes with an Indian twist using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hotteok-Korean Sweet Pancakes with an Indian twist
- You need 2 cups of All-purpose Flour or Maida.
- It’s 2 tsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare of FOR THE KHEER-.
- It’s 1 litre of Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Milk powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Rice (soaked, dried and ground).
- Prepare 50 gm of Fresh Cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Almonds, Pistachios and Cashewnuts slivered.
Hotteok-Korean Sweet Pancakes with an Indian twist instructions
- Put lukewarm water in a mixing bowl and add sugar and yeast followed by dough. Mix it well..
- Let the dough rise. For this, it should sit with a closed lid for about an hour at room temperature. Once it is done, mix well..
- The dough should be thick enough just like a pancake batter. Make sure that it's not like any ordinary roti flour. This step is really very important. It should be of a pouring consistency..
- In a non-stick pot, put in the milk. Take milk powder and mix it well with as little water as possible. Once the milk starts boiling and has been reduced to 3/4th of it's original quantity, put in all the other ingredients except the nuts..
- Keep stirring the kheer on a high heat until it becomes thick. The kheer should be quite thick as we'll be using this as a filling. Garnish well with the nuts..
- In a heated pan on a low, drizzle a teaspoon of oil. With the help of a spoon, put in a small portion of the fermented batter to make a nice small pancake..
- Wait for 2-3 minutes or until the pancake looks like it's starting to get cooked. An important point to remember is that these should be cooked on a low heat. At this point, put some kheer on the pancake..
- Cover with a lid and wait for a few seconds. Next is to top the kheer with another layer of pancake batter. Let this cook for about another 2 mins before cautiously flipping the now sandwiched pancake..
- Wait until the other side is cooked well. Carefully bring it out on a plate and enjoy !.