Recipe: Perfect Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
Categories : Keto
73 / 100
Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker).
You can cook Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- It’s 6.5 lb of Pork Sirloin Roast.
- It’s 4 of mixed Baby Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 of large Poblano Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Jalapeno Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of small Sweet Onions.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need 5-10 drops of Liquid Smoke.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bacon Fat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) instructions
- First dice and chop up all your onions and peppers then add them and garlic to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, 2tbsp bacon fat and can Tomato Sauce to veggies and stir til evenly coated.
- Add seasonings to a bowl and mix.
- Rub the pork roasts with seasonings then place on top of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8hrs.
- Slowly lift roasts out of pot and place in large mixing bowl. Leave veggies and sauce in pot and add apple cider vinegar..
- Shred pork with two forks and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- This next step is optional but adds the textural components lost from using the slow cooker. In large saute pan (I use my Wok) add a few tablespoons of bacon fat and turn heat on high and grease pan. You want it screaming hot. Then toss in 1/3 of the pulled pork and let it crisp up and stir a few times and then remove and add to separate mixing bowl to cool and repeat the process two more times.
- Portion out pork into portion containers then scoop out sauce from slow cooker over top of pork.