You can cook Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak)
- It’s 1 of Pk. Empanada Discs.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Steak.
- It’s 2 Cups of Chicken.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Peppers.
- It’s 1 of Small Onion.
- You need 4 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Cheese.
- You need of Seasoned Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 4 of Heaping Tbs. Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Oil.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) instructions
- Prep ingredients as seen below. (I used cooked bbq meats, so they were already seasoned. I seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and black pepper. I recommend seasoning your meat if it’s not pre-cooked). Divide and sauté veggies in two pans..
- Add meats, respectively and heat through. Finish with 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce in each pan. Stir and let cool to room temperature. Set up a flat work station and get some flour on it..
- This is the challenging part. Don’t listen to your mind. Your mind will tell you to stuff the hell out of these, but don’t. The maximum you can put in these is about 2 1/2- 3 Tbs. of filling. So, do that and put some cheese on top. Keep everything centered then fold it over as seen. Pinch the edges hard with a fork. Be careful not to pierce the middle. You don’t want them opening up in the hot oil..
- I used a cast iron skillet with an unquantifiable amount of oil. Get the oil hot and begin frying. Just be sure that you can cover at least 3/4 of the pastelitos. If you have a deep fryer, even better. (Yes, you can bake these. And it’s sinful, but yes, you can probably put them in the air fryer). Fry for a few minutes on each side..
- Remove when golden brown. Not too brown, just brown enough. The browning will continue when removed. Also, I found the best way to drain is by placing them on a rack with paper towels underneath. That way, they’re not sitting in a oil-soaked pad of paper towels..