Pistachio Cardamom Pancakes.
You can cook Pistachio Cardamom Pancakes using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pistachio Cardamom Pancakes
- You need of Batter.
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 of pistachio meal (take 1/3 cup pistachios and blitz them).
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk – 1:1 ratio with the dry ingridients.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 15 of cardamom pods or cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of milk or cream if you want it thick.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Spiced dark rum.
- It’s of Toppings.
- You need 4-5 of almonds.
- It’s 4-5 of cashews.
- It’s Handful of dried cranberries, sultanas and raisins.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of banana.
Pistachio Cardamom Pancakes step by step
- We will prepare the toasted fruit and nut first. In a mortar and pestle gently crush the almonds & cashews.
- To a frying pan add some butter. Toast the crushed almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, sultanas and raisins. Allow them to brown a little but don't over cook them or else they will taste burnt. This step allows the dried fruit and nut to soften and take a roasted flavour..
- Once done set then aside on a paper towel to soak off the excess fat..
- We will prepare the sauce in a sauce pan, place the sauce pan on medium heat and add your milk or heavy cream. If you prefer a more syrup consistency go for double cream. Add a tablespoon of butter, a heaping table spoon of brown sugar (normal sugar is fine too) and 1 shot of dark spiced rum (the less alcohol the better).
- Allow the sauce to heat up and rise, stirring occasionally. Boil till all the alcohol has evaporated and if you've used cream thicken to required consistency. Milk will not get thick so boil till alcohol evaporates..
- Once done take it off the heat and set it aside to cool. Place cling wrap touching the surface of the sauce. This will prevent a skin from forming on the top. Put in fridge to chill..
- We will prepare the batter now. Remove the cardamom seeds from its pods and using a mortar pestle pound it into a powder..
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients first : 2/3 cups flour, 1/3 cup pistachio meal, cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, cardamom powder, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix well using a whisk till all thoroughly mixed..
- Add the wet ingredients : a whole egg and 1:1 ratio of buttermilk to flour ratio. Mix well till a thick batter forms..
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add some butter and ladel in desired size pancake. Cook till you see small bubbles rising to the top and that means it's cooked 1/2 through, try and release the pancake from the bottom of the pan before flipping..
- Once all pancakes are done, assemble your stack, top with fresh banana, toasted fruit and nut mix and our rum sauce. Gently dust powdered sugar over top for aesthetics..