Air fryer tuna melts. Delicious tuna melt in an air fryer made with air fryer fresh bread rolls, tinned tuna, lots of mayonnaise and plenty of yummy cheese. One of the best air fryer sandwiches that you can make. I used one can of my favorite Genova Tuna Packed in Olive Oil (affiliate link) to make two Tuna Melts.
Add a slice of provolone cheese (as you know your favorite cheese will work choose what makes you happy:). Add half the tuna mixture, another slice of provolone cheese. Top that with with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up. You can cook Air fryer tuna melts using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Air fryer tuna melts
- Prepare of Bread of choice, brioche is best 😊.
- It’s of Tuna salad.
- You need of Swiss cheese.
- You need of Mayo or butter.
Smear the tuna salad on top of the bread, then top with a slice of cheese. And then place it on an air fryer safe tray or in the air fryer basket. By Air Frying the Tuna Melt we were able to cut our the oil/butter needed to brown the bread. To make this quickly we used purchased pie crust.
Air fryer tuna melts step by step
- Spread mayo or butter on the outsides of the sandwiches as you would when making grilled cheese..
- Make tuna melts with 2-3 slices of swiss cheese and put in air fryer with tooth picks holding the bread down..
- Cook at 370 for 12-15 mins keeping an eye on them and flipping about half way through..
I have to say this was the best Tuna Melt sandwich I ever had in my life. It was full of flavor, easy to make and was really fun to eat! Spoon the tuna evenly on the bread slices and place the bread on the Crisper Tray. Top the tuna with the tomatoes and then the provolone cheese. Making a grilled sandwich in the air fryer over the frying pan results in a crisper, dryer and less greasy sandwich.