Recipe: Tasty McAloo Tikki
Categories : Recipe
You can have McAloo Tikki using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of McAloo Tikki
- You need 6 of medium potatoes boiled and chilled for 2-3 hours in the refrig.
- It’s 1 cup of Boiled peas and also refrigerated.
- You need For of Dry seasoning-.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of red chilli powder.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of grated parmesan / cheddar is also fine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need For of Dry coating:.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of regular flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of corn flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (or any other seasoning).
- You need For of Wet coating:.
- You need 3 tablespoons of regular flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of corn flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (only for air frier).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of room temperature water.
- It’s For of Final coating:.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of Bread crumbs.
McAloo Tikki instructions
- Mix all the "dry mix" ingredients and keep aside..
- Mash the refrigerated potatoes and add the peas and dry mixture to it..
- Roll and pat the tikkis into roughly 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick patties..
- Refrigerate for an hour at least..
- Mix ingredients for dry coating in a dish or shallow bowl..
- Mix ingredients for wet coating well enough to ensure there are no lumps in it in a shallow bowl – it should be a semi chick consistency not too thick or too runny..Go slow while mixing the water. If you think it's getting too runny use less water..
- Keep bread crumbs ready in a dish.
- Pre-heat air frier to 180° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the refrigerated tikkis and start with coating them with the dry coating, then wet coating and finally the breadcrumbs and place them in the preheated air frier side by side (never stack them).
- Cook for 20 minutes @180°.
- The air fryer will probably fit only 4/5 tikkis at a time so put the rest of the tikkis back in the fridge until you need to use them..
- If you want to shallow fry them on a stove then no need to add oil in the wet coating..
- Assemble your burger with your favourite ingredients and bon appètit!.