Bò lá lốt (Meat wrapped in betel leaf).
You can have Bò lá lốt (Meat wrapped in betel leaf) using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bò lá lốt (Meat wrapped in betel leaf)
- It’s of Meats.
- Prepare 500 g of ground beef.
- It’s 100 g of ground pork (fatty is OK).
- It’s of Optional: Substitute with 600g ground meat substitute, like Beyond Beef.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemongrass, minced and pounded.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of crushed roasted peanuts.
- It’s 4 tsp of soy sauce (Maggi seasoning) or 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of five spice powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mushroom powder (chicken bouillon could work).
- You need of Optional: 1/2 tbsp Vietnamese spiced liquor (rượu mai quế lộ).
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s of Crushed roasted peanuts.
- You need of Scallions sautéed in a bit of oil (or nuked in the microwave).
- It’s of Mixed fish sauce or vegan substitute.
Bò lá lốt (Meat wrapped in betel leaf) instructions
- Mix your meat with seasonings thoroughly, and then roll approximately 3-4 teaspoons of the mixture in each betel leaf..
- In a preheated air-fryer, cook in small batches at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes or until meat mixture is cooked. Be sure to coat the leaves in a thin layer of oil, if you did not roll them tightly enough. Five minute usually works for vegan mixtures..
- In an oven preheated to 375, baking them on a rack (or skewered on a stick), you may need 10 minutes..
- On a pan on medium heat with a bit of vegetable or canola oil, you can pan fry them to completion as well. The picture of the end-result has half of the rolls pan-fried, and the other half in an air-fryer..